Monday 11 July 2011

Thing 4 - Twitter

I've finally managed to start looking at Thing 4 and set myself up a Twitter Account, only to discover that I already had one which I must have set up on the Web 2.0 course back in 2009! I actually had gained 4 followers who didn't have much to do following me the last 2 years.

I think the problem with the web 2.0 course back in 2009 was the lack of relevance to me at that time as we weren't allowed to use things like twitter etc at work, web 2.0 technology isn't very accessible for visually impaired people (our customers) and I didn't have a computer at home.

I updated my profile and managed to link my blog to my twitter account with few problems. I've sent a couple of tweets so far, seems pretty straight forward though quite a challenge to stick to the character limit. Also tried to see if I could easily add my tweet button to my blog but need to find a bit more help on how to do this.

My next step is to get in the habit of sending tweets on a regular basis and try and get some followers! The cyber world can be quite a lonely place. I'm also going to look at some of the recommended tweeters and pick a few to follow.

On reflecting on the 23 steps so far, I certainly would keep the blog going and would try and put something on most days. I would also perhaps have a go at some none library blogs. I also want to design my blog more - add a few images and gadgets such as the tweet button.

With regards to Twitter, I think I need to give it a few weeks before I decide on its usefulness for me.













No comments:

Post a Comment