Sunday 17 July 2011

Thing 4 - Are we nearly there yet? Yes - we're on Pushnote.

I've got to admit that I hadn't heard of Pushnote before I started this course. Unfortunately, my browser is Internet Explorer so I won't be able to get practical experience of this. I had a look at their FAQ page which didn't give me much more information that I had already known.

I then looked through some of the other participant's blogs to see their views. Alot of the Thing 4 blogs had done the Twitter and RSS Feeds but hadn't looked at Pushnote. The ones that had tried Pushnote were mainly quite negative about its usefulness. Comments included that Pushnote wasn't offering anything new to other social networking sites that already exist such as Twitter. Quite a few of the bloggers had also given up quite quickly citing that they just didn't get it.

I found one blog - Charlie's 23 things for professional development - that offered some useful comments both positive and negative and also referred to a couple of useful recent articles on the Techcrunch website. This blog highlighted one major problem that a website’s owner couldn't remove any of the Pushnote comments linked to their site which will be a problem if the comments are false or malicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment