Wednesday 13 July 2011

Thing 4 - Twitter continued

After a busy week with a full governor's meeting as a parent-governor at my son's school last night and helping out at Sight Village in Birmingham on the RNIB National Library Services stand today, I've finally managed to sit down at 9.30 tonight to have another look at twitter. I went through some of the recommended twitter accounts and decided to have a maximum of 5 to follow.

Publiclibnews and UKpling
I thought it would be useful to keep abreast on what's happening to UK public libraries and the opposition to library cuts.

infolitgroup
I've always had an interest in information literacy stemmed from my work in college libraries.

CILIPinfo
For obvious reasons!

Philbradley
My enthusiasm for Web 2.0 has grown since this course, after being indifferent before. Who else would be a better person to follow!

I also posted another tweet myself and had a look at libchat. I'll like to have a go and join in to see how this works. I can also see the benefits of tweeting at something like a Conference as I've just found out that Kent Libraries has won the Libraries change lives award through twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment