Sunday 18 September 2011

Thing 19 - Integrating things

I think I should retitle this as "Things to do" as my list of things to look into once the 23 steps has finished seems to be getting rather long. Looking at my daily routine, I now blog and tweet on a regular basis but hope to extend this further - ie blog about more things and follow more people on twitter.

Although I subscribed to a load of RSS Feeds, I keep forgetting to check them! I get regular updates from Linkedin but plan to contribute to some of the discussions. I also hope to use and get more involved in some of the online networks in general.

I was fairly involved in professional activities and professional development before though may need to look at organising something in the future for a challenge. I also need to get more involved in advocacy, probably the easiest way is to sign up for helping with "Voices for the Library".

I can't see myself using Pushnote or the citation references. I'm also happy using a paper diary and Outlook rather than switch to using Google calendar. I could see myself using Google Docs for work and home. I also plan to contribute to the Library Day in the Life and Library Routes Project wikis. I didn't have much success in downloading Evernote but one of my work colleagues who is also signed up for the 23 Steps says it's very useful and I should have another go in downloading it.

I can see myself using Jing in the future, the audio aspect would be particularly useful for work with our visually impaired clients in mind. Podcasts are also useful for this group and we tend to use quite a few of these on our website already. Another thing to do on my list is to investigate the Podwhating course further as I felt I needed to take more time on this to do a proper job.

No comments:

Post a Comment