Saturday 3 September 2011

Thing 14 - Zotero, Mendeley and Citeulike

Just tried to tweet the world that I've now reached Thing 14 but twitter is over capacity. I'm not the only one without a social life on a Saturday night then! Been distracted last week with Leeds/Reading Festival along with Spa F1 so have managed to get myself behind again. Some entertaining moments from Reading include Bring On The Horizon, Crystal Castles and The National but honestly really does anyone seriously like The Vaccines?

I was also one that had to manually type out my bibliography at the end of my dissertation and essays though I don't remember it being too much of a chore. It was satisfying in a way that it meant that I had nearly finished an essay!

I haven't got Firefox so didn't look at Zotero. As I'm in a job where I don't have to write reports etc or help students/lecturers with their research, I didn't experiment with the others much except just to read abit about them to get an overview. I didn't have any previous knowledge of these tools available so I've taken something away from Thing 14.


No comments:

Post a Comment