Monday 5 September 2011

Thing 15 contd - Organising events

Realised afterwards that I published Thing 15 last night only half finished! I inadvertently pressed the enter button instead of save.

I would like the challenge of organising an event though not sure what I would do. I could do something with the East Midlands Branch such as organise a visit to a library though would need to get my thinking cap on which library I would choose. I could aim higher and organise a visit to my work place for a site tour and also hire one of our meeting rooms where we could get some appropriate speakers in to talk about various topics on visual impairment such as organising reading groups for the VI, producing books in alternative format or looking at e-books. We could also organise a stand to have information about the different services we offer ie Talking Book Service and demonstrations on the players or access technology.

Perhaps on second thoughts I should begin small and start with organising a visit for my own Team!

No comments:

Post a Comment