Wednesday 24 August 2011

Thing 12 - Putting the social into social media

If you had asked me 6 months ago do you blog or tweet or have you joined facebook or linkedIn, I would have laughed at you and told you don't be silly! So, in that respect I have made a giant leap into the unknown. I don't think that I've taken full advantage of what's out there and I'm just a passive spectator. I maybe need to actively participate in an online discussion or follow a tweet from an ongoing event. A few blogs mentioned that they followed the progress of the riots through Twitter. I enjoy blogging and tweeting but I'm not sure if anybody actually reads them. I'm only getting the negative effects of social media as I'm getting a few nuisance tweets so may have to cancel my twitter account if it continues. I've not really followed facebook through but I'm finding the email updates I get from joining LinkedIn 23 steps group useful. I think that if I get into the situation that I'm having to look for another job, I would probably use social media alot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment